AUDITION for season 2020/21
Date: 18th and 19th April 2020
Place: Centre Cultural Terrassa
CENTRE CULTURAL TERRASSA, a reference in dance programming for over 35 years inviting the greatest names in the world (Vienna Oper Ballet, Les Ballets de l’Opera de Paris or Royal Ballet, Alicia Alonso, Maya Plisetskaya, José Carlos Martínez or Manuel Legris) together with a large international experienced team, presents for season 2020/21 a new intensive high level formation platform for young dancers between 15 and 22.
Directed by Rodolfo Castellanos
Worldwide known as principal dancer of Ballet Nacional de Cuba, under direction of Alicia Alonso and guest dancer in many other companies and actual master teacher in great ballet schools and companies as the Royal Ballet, English National Ballet amongst tens of others.
Coordinated by Miquel G. Font
Danced in companies as Béjart Ballet Lausanne, Houston Ballet or Tanzcompgnie Oldenburg working with choreographers as Maurie Béjart, Jiri Killian or Sharon Eyal amongst others and now choreographer for entities as Scapino Ballet Rotterdam, Miami City Ballet or The Royal Ballet School of Antwerp and director of Habemus Corpus Dance Company co-directing big framed productions with names as Mercat de les Flors, Theaterhaus Stuttgart or Jerusalem Dance Week.
Both knowledges gather together to offer this possibility to 25 dancers by creating the necessary last step to join the professional field.
The program includes:
- 40 hour per week in the studio working in the highest level in Ballet class, point shoes, Partening, Contemporary and improvisation and creativity.
- Large stage experience by being part of big productions as The Nutcracker directed by Rodolfo and to be premiered in Christmas 2020 or Coppelia, a new creation by Miquel G. Font together with shorter creations in a triple bill program.
- Direct contact, workshops and exchanges with all international companies and choreographers programmed in the Theater itself during the whole season, with names as Thierry Malandain, Ballet Mariinski, Kibbutz Dance Company among many others. These sessions can enlarge knowledge, contacts, being part of the international dance society and getting to know direct testimonies of real life worldwide known dancers in a close up environment.
- Individual coach to participate in international competitions as Prix de Lausanne or YAGP, and to learn how to be presented as a dancer towards auditions and public relations.
All this and much more hosted in a very confortable well equipped theater and with a high level team whose priority is the human approach and a healthy motivation.
The program will be from 31st August 2020 to 27th June 2021 and the price will be 420€ as entry fee + a monthly fee fo 420€ with all great production costs included. If the whole pack is paid at once at the beginning, the entry fee will be for free.
The required conditions include:
- SA high level in classical training including point shoes.
- Knowledge on improvisations and contemporary techniques.
- Partnering skills.
How to apply:
Send to email@example.com:
- A short text with your full name, age and nationality
- 1 picture in 1st position enface,
- 1 picture in 1st position demi-plié profile,
- 1 picture 1st arabesque profile 90º,
- Gran écart front and side in diagonal
- Video-link online (Youtube/Vimeo) maximum 3 Minutes long (optional)
Deadline: 8th MARCH 2020.
Private announcement to invited attendants 20th MARCH 2020.